- Our Staff
CSUSM - B.A. Sociology
USC - M.Ed. School Counseling
USC - PPS Credential
Certified - Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in School
COUNSELOR PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
I am looking for Counselor Parent Volunteers to use throughout the school year for the various events I put on. I would greatly appreciate any help!!
The School Counseling Program strives to provide opportunities so that every student will acquire the social-emotional, academic, and career skills to reach their fullest educational potential and successfully manage their lives as healthy, responsible, competent and productive citizens who respect themselves and others.
The mission of Capistrano Unified School District School Counselors is to provide a comprehensive counseling program that supports the whole child. School Counselors will focus on the needs, interests, and issues related to social-emotional, academic, and college/career development of all students through a multi-tiered system of support. School Counselors will advocate, collaborate and facilitate actions that promote a positive school climate, provide an opportunity for all students to access their education and achieve personal and academic success to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
The School Counselor believes that ALL students...
- Are uniquely individual, valuable, and capable of achieving their highest potential.
- Should be treated with dignity and respect.
- Should feel safe, supported, and encouraged at school.
The School Counseling Program…
- Is an integral part of the school program.
- Equips students with the necessary skills in academic, socio-emotional, and college/career.
- Is child centered, developmentally appropriate, and preventative.
- Is available to all students to assist them with academic, socio-emotional, and college/career counseling needs.
- Conducts activities that contribute to the development of positive school climate.
- Helps students develop a healthy self-concept and an acceptance of individual differences.
- Fosters a positive relationship between home and school.
- Is continuously refined and improved through systematic review and evaluation.
The School Counselor…
- Is an advocate for all students and for the school counseling program.
- Utilizes data to manage and evaluate the school counseling program to refine and improve counseling services.
- Works with stakeholders within the district, as well as in the community, to provide a high-quality school counseling program.
- Provides parents with community resources, links, etc. for help and support.
- Strives for professional excellence through continued study and participation in professional development.
- Short-term Individual Counseling
- Short-term Group Counseling
- Lunch Bunch
- Second-Step Curriculum
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Restorative Practices
- College & Career Lessons
- School-wide Workshops
- Crisis Interventions
- SST Support
- Referrals & Resources
- Academic Support
MS. HAY'S COUNSELOR'S CORNER
Click here to view Ms. Hay's Amazon Wish list
"COFFEE WITH THE COUNSELOR"
Parent/Guardian Referrals Click HERE
Teacher/Staff Referrals Click HERE
Student Self-Referrals Click HERE
Parent Consent Form Click HERE
Wood Canyon is a Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support (PBIS) School. The aim of PBIS is to create and establish a climate in which appropriate positive behavior is the norm. Students can earn a Comet Coupon for positive behavior and exchange these for prizes at the PBIS Student Store, which opens the last Thursday and Friday of every month.
Click on this image above for more PBIS information.